Monday 25 August 2014

Being Gay Isn't A Choice!



Okay, so about a week ago a subscriber of mine wrote me a comment about her friend thinking being gay is a choice - a lifestyle. This then got me thinking… Do people actually think being gay is a choice? We choose to get bullied, hated and even physically assaulted just because of our sexuality and it comes down to us choosing that ‘lifestyle’. Who the hell would pick a lifestyle when it involves being bullied physically and mentally? Who would pick a lifestyle when it involves losing your family and feeling isolated from everyone around you?

No. We can’t help finding the same sex attracted. We can’t help falling in love with the same sex. We can’t help being gay.

Personally it makes me angry and upset, the fact other humans can be so stupid and believe our sexuality is a choice and we can choose it. Let me ask every single straight person…

When did you decide to be straight?

Well let me tell you. You didn’t. I find it insulting how some people have the nerve to question someone’s sexuality. Why does it affect you? Does it bother you that much to know why they’re gay?

Well let me just tell you this. Instead of questioning someone’s sexuality (which has nothing to do with you) maybe focus on your own life.


 

If you’re interested about watching my opinion in more detail then don’t forget to check out my video. You can also tweet me your thoughts about this topic @ryanpaynesworld

No comments:

Post a Comment