Tuesday 21 October 2014

Topman Haul! *Work Clothes*



A few days ago I decided to go Topman and buy some new clothes especially to wear for work. I was determined to stay away from buying baggy jumpers and warm clothes because my work get’s so hot that wearing anything more than a t-shirt or a short sleeve shirt I’d end up sweating like a pig (not attractive!).

The first and only shirt I brought was nothing out of my comfort zone, I mean I love my bright floral prints but because we’re going into the colder seasons, I don’t think it’s suitable for me to be wearing tropical, bright colours when all it does in the UK is rain! So I was lucky enough to find this shirt which is still bold, covered in floral prints but the colour palette is perfect for this time of year.

The next thing I brought was a baggy t-shirt which kind of reminds me of a tie-dyed acid inspired design. I’ve never been a fan of tie-dyed t-shirts which is really weird because I literally love anything which has anything to do with the whole vintage feel. I love the mix between the black and the bloody red which just reminds me of old school Gothic vibe.

Third thing I brought was a dark grey baggy t-shirt with random placed white dots, which kind of remind me of a galaxy inspired print. Easy to throw on with some black skinnies and ready to go! I also like the fact that the sleeves are rolled up just to give it more of an effortless look.

I never use to like the whole American, sporty jersey tops but suddenly I’ve took an interest in them! I picked up a black one (of course it had to be black) with just some simple stripes across the arm and typography across the front. I like the way this top looks on me how it’s baggy but it doesn’t drown me. Another reason why I’m so pleased with this top is because it’s so soft and so versatile you can easily undo it and have it as an over top (thin jacket) with a vest/white t-shirt underneath it.

I kept telling myself to stay away from the knitwear but then I saw this turtleneck and literally couldn’t help myself. I think every time autumn comes around I just get drawn to turtlenecks. I love the fact that it’s so soft and it’s not skin tight but not extremely baggy at the same time. It’s so easy to dress up or down as well which is always a good thing.

Have you been shopping recently? Brought anything nice? Leave a comment and let me know! Or you can tweet me @ryanpaynesworld

Don’t forget to follow my blog which you can easily do in the right hand corner :D




No comments:

Post a Comment